Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Child Portrait


Can you say "yum?" I love cupcakes. I really enjoyed this shoot. I used warm colored balloons for my background to contrast with the blue icing. When I lit the background though, I lost a lot of light, so my teacher and I pulled in a second light and it was just gorgeous. Annikin, the little boy in the photograph, was very easy to work with; I handed him a cupcake, sat him down, and we just went at it. The strobe didn't bother him in the least.

My friend and classmate, Mirza, on the other hand, shot a little girl who just insisted on screaming and sobbing. He got her calmed down for a few minutes though and got a really cute shot.

2 comments:

Denise Benson Photography said...

Love this!

Rach said...

Thanks for taking these pictures, Sarah. I'm so glad they worked out for you!