Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Header

Spiral This is a detail photograph of the mechanisms inside the door of an abandoned car. I took this photo in Providence Canyon State Park. Before the state bought the land it was a farm. Bad farming practices caused erosion, and eventually formed Providence Canyon. The farmers moved away and left several cars behind. Over the years, the woods have reclaimed the land, and even the cars. It's really neat. I tried to capture that feeling of recovered land by framing my shots with the shadows of nearby plants and trees. If you would like to see some of the other photographs I took of abandoned cars, click here.

This is also the photograph I used for my header. I changed the color, cropped, added text, burned it down and finally rounded off the corners. Now, voila!

1 comment:

Mirza said...

You did such a good job with your new look and About Me pic. Work it!