Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Holiday Portraits


Today we made the final adjustments to the lighting on our Holiday Portrait set. We have a main light that is in front and above the subject, and two fill lights to illuminate the trees that surround the subject. We have two strobes on the ground, behind the subject, that light a couple trees so that our forest had dimensionality. And finally, we have two more strobes, gelled blue, to light our background with. We also added a light dusting of snow to make it feel like a true Atlanta Christmas.
We start shooting Holiday Portraits tomorrow! I must admit that I'm glad I'm not shooting tomorrow. Instead of worrying about what might happen, like something getting knocked over or photographing a child that's crying, I'm just going to go into the studio tomorrow and get comfortable with the equipment. I'm going to think through my work flow and give myself a checklist, and then I'm just going to have fun.

No comments: