Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wedding Photojournalism

photograph by Quin Cheung

As a student, my main focus these last 4 quarters has been to learn everything I can. Now I'm in my 5th quarter and it suddenly seems like I need to start developing a style, or at least decide what direction I want to move in. The problem for me is that I feel like I've only just scratched the surface, and I'm not ready to dive in on my own. While I've found photojournalism to be a real challenge, I do like the photojournalistic style. I'd like to try my hand at shooting a wedding. It's terrifying in a way to think that you're supposed to document such an important day for someone, but I think I'd really enjoy it. There always seems to be so much to think about, no matter what you're shooting, so I'm looking to other wedding photographers for their experience. If you're interested in wedding photojournalism, check out this article on how to get creative with wedding portraits.

No comments: