Sunday, November 2, 2008

Lake Burton

DockI took this photograph at dawn at Lake Burton. It is so beautiful there, so calm. It's not like Lake Lanier, where most of the people there are on vacation. At Lake Burton, most of the people living on the lake are retirees, and live there year round. The surrounding town has a different pace than that of the big city; it's slower, and people know one another. I love visiting my grandparents at Lake Burton. Even if I'm stressed out and tired when I leave home, by the time I've reached nearby Clayton, I'm relaxed and enamored by the hills and trees. I really enjoyed taking photographs at Lake Burton and when I look at this photograph, it's like I took a piece of that peace home with me.

2 comments:

mitch said...

this is a beautiful shot. i think that turning the sky infrared might be a cool effect to play around with for this photo.

ryan tyrl said...

I remember this! I loved this shot!